My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

stories - i have plenty* bad dates - been on enough of them* sharing stories of my bad dates - priceless

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Speaking things into existence


I choose my words very carefully when I speak. I never want to offend anyone with my speech nor do I want to be misunderstood. So I say to my ladies, pay attention to your language. My mother always told me if I wanted something to "claim it." But then there are some words or ideas that you should not put out there. Besides negative statements about your finances, their is a popular banter going on now that doesn't sit well with me.

Lately nicknames for significant or not so significant others has taken on a life of its own. Women referring to men as their "baby daddies"and men calling the women "wifey" when there is no wedding in the near future. I think that when you use these type of phrases you are definitely speaking things into existence. Refer to the man as the "father" of your child and perhaps he will become one and a good one at that. A man will not normally refer to a woman as his "wife" unless he has thought about it. I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but test it out and see if it works for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home